This is one of three Sri Lankan endemics that we encountered on our 2019 trip. I saw it only briefly at our final stop that was iseful for odonata beside the river at Athgira River Camp.
Unfortunately I managed only three similarly poor photographs before I lost sight of it. The one here is the least poor of them.
- ♂ – black with pale light marks on thorax
- ♂ – forewings tinged brown
- ♂ – hindwings black with metallic blue/green base on upper surface
- ♀ – more extensive light markings on thorax
- ♀ – wings tinged brown – no metallic sheen