- “We are a small, independent company which makes and sells art photographs of European and Australian dragonflies and damselflies.”
That’s as may be but, as such, this site constitutes what is probably the best collection of helpful Odonata identification photos on the Internet.
- Dragonflies of Ukraine
- A little specialist, perhaps, but I wanted to keep the reference and this seemed a useful place to do it.
A potentially handy checklist, amongst other things, of the recorded Odonata of the Ukraine – where west meets east, in some sense.
- Atlas des Papillons de Jour et des Libellules du Languedoc-Roussillon
- OK, not a pithy title and this may be very specific being confined to the Languedoc-Rousillon region of southern France but it is an absolute goldmine of precise observation points by species, including some observation records submitted by yours truly.
Utterly phenomenal stuff and so easy to use. It would be absolutely wonderful if this site were extended as is to cover the whole of France. Dream on, methinks.
- Libellules (de Dominique MOUCHENÉ)
- An absolute mass of informaton on dragonflies seen at a plethora of locations covering most of France.
Potentially perplexing but home in on a particular general area and there is absolute gold available.
- Società Italiana per lo Studio e la Conservazione delle Libellule Onlus
- Perfectly understandably, this site is in Italian only, so there’s lots of “i”s and “o”s, but it has some very useful distribution maps for species found in Italian territories. The maps are linked under the specific species.
- Id Aids
- Flight Periods